What is the best supplement for six-pack abs? That is today’s question. Are you someone who believes a six-pack is only for people who work out hard or do millions of crunches every day? Perhaps you need to do some maintenance work to recapture your former six-pack glory? No matter where you are in your six-pack journey, we have a real treat for you below. Welcome to our guide to choosing the best ab supplements.
In this guide, we share:
- Top 10 Abs Supplements for Six-Pack Abs
- Ab Supplement Reviews
- Tips on How to Use Supplements for Cutting Abs
- The Ultimate Diet Plan for Abs
|#1) Animal Cuts
|#2) MuscleTech Nitro Tech Ripped
|#3) Genius Burn
|#4) Legion Forge
|#5) Evlution Nutrition BCAA Lean Energy
|#6) Modern Man V3
|#7) Alpha Muscle-XT||
|#8) Vintage Burn
|#9) Nutratech AtraFen Pro-3
|#10) Genius Muscle
Best Ab Supplement Reviews
Well, that was fun. Are you ready to go deeper than Ed Harris in The Abyss to see what makes these ab supplements so special? Let’s take a closer look at some of our top picks to see how they can help you achieve the six-pack of your dreams or make that layer of fat above your abs start to sizzle like an egg on hot asphalt (okay, that’s it for the analogies).
Animal Cuts is for warriors who are ready to go all-in on their six-pack sculpting journeys. This no-nonsense stack comes loaded with 8 different complex blends including the most important Metabolic, Stimulant, Cortisol Inhibiting, and Water Shedding Complexes. When people are serious about shredding six-pack abs, they reach for Animal Cuts.
On the flip side of the coin, Animal Cuts is not the best choice for skinny guys who want to build abdominal muscles since the formula is not made to build muscle. This six-pack supplement is best for bodybuilders or people who were once muscular and ready to once again expose a six-pack in hiding.
A clear advantage of Animal Cuts is how quickly it works. Don’t take this supplement lightly because it’s powerful. You may not like the idea of swallowing all the pills in each packet twice a day for 3 weeks straight. However, the results that can be achieved in just 3 weeks are nothing short of incredible. Of course, like all cutting supplements, you must also diet (enter a caloric deficit) to achieve the best results.
- Powerful enough to define abs without dieting
- Results in weeks, not months
- Burns stubborn belly fat to chisel muscles
- Men over 40 are building abs for the first time
- Jitter-Free Energy Boost
- A perfect match for HIIT (high-intensity interval training) to burn fat and maintain lean muscle
- Noticeable muscle lines developing around the abs
- Men are developing hard-to-get muscle striations
- Quickly shed water weight
- Metabolism Boost
- An excellent choice for toning
- Serious weight loss results
- Not all users are experiencing results
- May cause heartburn
- 5 pills in each pack to swallow
- May cause additional side effects including lethargy, headaches, and nausea
- Report of increase in blood pressure
The greatest advantage of Legion Forge is the clinically effective dosage of β-Hydroxy β-Methyl butyrate (HMB). It’s one of the highest dosages of all the top fat burners on the market. What is HMB? HMB safeguards your muscle tissue while on a calorie-restricted diet. One of the unwanted side effects of a cutting diet is losing muscle mass or catabolism. This “muscle breakdown” occurs when your body uses muscle tissue for fuel instead of fat and carbs.
The effective dose of HMB in Forge helps to maintain your precious lean muscle tissue while you burn fat. For this reason, Forge, like Animal Cuts, is not the best choice for skinny guys trying to gain muscle. Forge works best for people who want to lose weight, lean out, and encourage rock-hard muscle mass.
Yohimbe HCL, a top thermogenic fat burner, is the second key ingredient in Forge. What we like the most about this formula is its simplicity. Legion Athletics didn’t water down its Forge formula by cramming too many ingredients in it.
Forge is simply three ingredients:
- β-Hydroxy β-Methyl butyrate (HMB) – powerful anti-catabolic ingredient
- Citicoline – helps to boost focus during workouts
- Yohimbe HCL – a top supplement to reduce belly fat
Lastly, we’re fans of the dosage guide Legion provides for men and women of all weights.
- A superb choice for burning lower belly fat to expose abs
- Burn fat around the waistline starting with the first bottle
- Noticeably more defined abs
- A marked improvement in mental focus during workouts
- Harder muscles and six-pack ab results
- Real weight loss reports
- Total-body leaning out
- Awesome before & after photos
- May cause nausea, chills, headaches, vomiting, stomach cramps
- Does not work for everyone (although “work” is relative here since no ab supplements work completely on their own)
- More reports of side effects than other supplements in our Top 10
- Does not contain appetitie suppressants
Are you over 40 or concerned about potential low testosterone levels negatively impacting your life? Don’t let the word “alpha” scare you away. All men deserve to feel like men with the help of a testosterone boost.
Why did we include a testosterone booster in our list of the best ab supplements? Low testosterone is often the reason behind the dreaded “spare tire” older men carry around in their bellies. Additionally, Alpha Muscle-XT is so much more than just a testosterone booster.
It also contains estrogen-blocking DIM, KSM-66™ Ashwagandha Extract for stress & testosterone support, Longjack for a boost in vitality, and a healthy dose of chelated Zinc for men’s health. All in all, this is one of the most unique supplements for men who want to build lean muscle and tone their bodies currently on the market. Even men who are under 40 will enjoy the effects of this supplement. It’s the type of supplement that will undoubtedly draw copycat products.
- A natural testosterone booster that really works
- One of the best supplements for toning abs
- Significantly increase lifts in the gym to pack on muscle
- Increase Male Stamina
- Reduce Stress
- More restful sleep for better recovery
- Drop body fat % while adding muscle
- Numerous fat & weight loss reports (without sacrificing muscle)
- You may not experience the benefits
- Reviews may not be 100% trustworthy
- A handful of quality control issues
AtraFen Pro-3 is Nutratech’s stimulant-free complement to AtraFen Elite and the overall best abdominal fat burner supplement on the market.
It combines the power of 20 ingredients in three blends to burn fat, suppress appetite, improve digestive health (probiotics), and cleanse/detox the body. Like Animal Cuts, AtraFen Pro-3 is for people who go all-in when they want to get the job done.
The drawback of AtraFen Pro-3 is it’s a weight loss supplement first and doesn’t pack the muscle-building power of other supplements in our Top 10. Pro-3 is best for people who need to shed the most abdominal fat on their way to building six-pack abs.
- A top appetite suppressant that really works
- Women are experiencing significant weight loss and dropping down in sizes after 1-2 bottles
- The strongest appetite suppressant without jitters
- Caffeine-Free Energy Boost
- Results start quickly
- Reduce bloating
- Healthier, more regular bowel movements
- Company offers incentives for reviews
- May cause an upset stomach
- Does not work for everyone
What is the best 6 pack diet?
This is perhaps the most important part of our guide: how to diet to get a six-pack. The #1 rule is none of the best ab supplements work on their own. We can’t tell you how many times we’ve seen people complain about a supplement “not working” after making zero dietary changes. Rule #2 is there are no magic pills in this world that cost under $20.
The Six-Pack Diet Plan
The first consideration to make before starting a 6-pack diet plan is that the number of calories you eat is more important than what you eat. Once you understand the basic concept of a caloric deficit, eating fewer calories than you burn in a day, you’ll understand how to lose weight.
High-Protein & Low Carbs
The most effective 6-pack diet plan is high in protein and low in carbs. The Keto Diet is also effective despite it being high in fat since it encourages the body to burn fat as fuel. Dietary fat is not the enemy, (empty) carbs are the enemy while dieting to get a shredded six-pack.
A great way to supplement protein is to add a quality whey protein isolate to your diet, such as Nitro Tech Ripped. Nitro Tech Ripped also includes proven fat burners CLA and L-carnitine, which are uncoincidentally also top ab supplements. Whey protein isolate is a better choice for abs because it’s cleaner and easier to digest. If you’ve ever experienced whey protein farts or gas, you most likely took whey protein “concentrate.”
Since you want to avoid bloating at all costs while shredding for abs, it’s best to stick with whey protein isolate to avoid any gastrointestinal issues.
Aside from whey protein isolate, protein-rich foods are also desirable:
- Grass-Fed Beef
- Pumpkin Seeds
Tip: Salmon is an excellent selection because it’s high in protein and magnesium. Magnesium may help to reduce cortisol levels in athletes (*).
Fruits & Vegetables
No six-pack diet plan is complete without fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are the lifeblood of the best abs diet. They supply you with the micronutrients you need and healthy carbs to fuel you during training sessions.
Our favorite vegetable for six-pack abs is broccoli hands down. Broccoli is full of vitamins, fiber, and best of all Diindolylmethane (DIM). Why pay for a DIM supplement when you can eat more broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables?
Our second favorite veggie for abs is kale. Kale is the ultimate bodybuilding vegetable, in our humble opinion. Like broccoli, kale is packed with vitamins & minerals, yet low in calories and carbs.
Additional foods that should be an integral part of your six-pack diet plan are:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Chilli Peppers (especially cayenne pepper because it contains capsaicin – a natural fat burner)
- Lentils (high in protein & fiber)
Green Tea for Abs
Did you notice how almost every fat burner on the market contains a Green Tea Extract? Why not drink more green tea instead of buying the extract? Depending on how much you like it, green tea is a marvelous addition to a 6-pack diet plan. We’re huge on green tea here and drink it every day.
These are the green tea benefits we experience:
- Powerful appetite suppression (perfect to drink during the fasting state while intermittent fasting)
- Positive Mood
- Enhanced Focus
- More Energy
- No Caffeine Crash or Jitters (thanks to the theanine content)
- Noticeable reduction in body fat throughout the body
- More regular bowel movements
All of these effects are extremely helpful along any six-pack abs journey. Whether you need to lose weight or push yourself harder in the gym to gain muscle, green tea may be the secret weapon you’ve been missing in your life.
KSM-66 Ashwagandha Extract
KSM-66 is easily one of the top supplements for abs on the market. It works to control psychological and physiological markers of stress. This effect reduces cortisol (the #1 ab enemy) and food cravings (*). With KSM-66, you get a cortisol blocker, appetite suppressant, and testosterone booster (*) all rolled into one.
Modern Man V3, Alpha Muscle-XT, and Genius Burn are all good ab supplements with KSM-66.
CLA for Abs
CLA or Conjugated Linoleic Acid has gained a lot of recognition in recent years for being a top ab supplement. It’s a common ingredient you’ll find sprinkled throughout the ab supplements in our Top 10.
Believe it or not, CLA is a common fatty acid found in beef and dairy. Cheddar cheese is a great source of CLA, but not the best food to eat while on a six-pack diet. The key benefits of CLA are its unique ability to inhibit fat storage while also helping to build lean muscle. It’s easy to see why CLA is a coveted supplement among bodybuilders.
Favorable changes in body composition including an overall reduction in body fat may result from CLA supplementation. CLA may also provide immune support (*), which is essential for avoiding derailment during a six-pack pursuit.
What are the best fat burners for abs?
First, it’s important to know the different types of fat burners:
- Thermogenic Fat Burners – These work to increase body heat aka thermogenesis to burn more calories throughout the day
- Carb Blockers – A lot of fat burners contain carb blockers such as white kidney bean extract that block the absorption of the carbs from the food you eat. We’re not big on these since we prefer to eat fewer carbs on a six-pack diet instead of wasting money on food that we don’t want to absorb anyway.
- Appetite Suppressants – Appetite Suppressants play an important role in all the best fat burners for abs. The hardest part is to eat less while losing weight to define your abs, and appetite suppressants such as KSM-66 help to do that.
- Cortisol Blockers – While dieting to get abs, you put your body under stress since you’re training hard and eating fewer calories. The goal is to boost testosterone and keep cortisol low to avoid collecting any unwanted fat around the belly while shredding. It’s no wonder that most of the best abs supplements contain ashwagandha extract.
- Thyroid Regulators – Thyroid problems can lead to a reduction in metabolic rate (slower metabolism) and fatigue. These are two symptoms no one wants to experience while on a diet plan for shredded abs. Animal Cuts with L-Tyrosine is an excellent choice for thyroid support. Amazingly enough, Ashwagandha is a common ingredient in thyroid support supplements.
Below is a list of the best fat burners for abs in our Top 10:
- Animal Cuts
- Genius Burn
- Legion Forge
- Vintage Burn
- Nutratech AtraFen Pro-3
Below are the best supplements for getting abs:
- MuscleTech Nitro Tech Ripped
- Evlution Nutrition BCAA Lean Energy
- Modern Man V3
- Alpha Muscle-XT
- Genius Muscle
We’re confident that you now have the tools and knowledge you need to get the shredded six-pack of your dreams. Remember, it takes hard work to get abs, and the right supplements make the journey a whole lot easier when combined with a good 6-pack diet plan and exercise schedule.
Combining an ab supplement, six-pack diet, and top ab roller is a near surefire way to sculpt a legendary six-pack in the comfort of your own home. Just imagine what your friends and family will say when they see what you’ve accomplished. The looks on their faces will make the journey that much more worth it!